Monday, January 5, 2009

Sweet n Sour Chicken

I have made a few different kinds of sweet n sour chicken but this one seems to turn out well:
2-3 chicken breasts, cut up

2 eggs, beaten

1-2 T corn starch
garlic powder
salt
mix together

coat chicken in eggs then cornstarch and fry until golden brown.

sauce:
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
3 T ketchup
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt

stir in saucepan on low heat

Price likes his sauce separate, so we just serve as is with white rice or friend rice. Or you can pour sauce over chicken and bake for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

The first time I tried this, I forgot the sugar & everything turned out awful. I tried again the next night and loved it! This is definitely a keeper.

Heidi said...

I just re-read the recipe again and realized I left out the eggs on the chicken! (yes, i'm blonde) However, it still turned out yummy.

Emily said...

I had a question about this recipe. I made it, and I really liked it, but I was confused by the last line. Are you just supposed to warm the sauce in a pan, or are you supposed to bake it as well? I don't know why I'm confused, but Greg really liked it (and the kids actually ate it), so I want to try it again but make sure I do it right.