Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Bake

This is another one from Kraft. I didn't try this one forever because I don't buy miracle whip, so finally I just used mayo and it turned out fine.
I only make 1/2 the recipe for the two of us, and I put most of the sauce inside, since it sets funny on the top.

Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 35 min Makes: 8 servings

1/2 cup Miracle whip (or mayo)
1/2 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup Salsa
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
16 flour tortillas


PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix dressing and flour in medium saucepan with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook and stir on medium heat until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Stir in half of the cheese. Reserve 1 cup of the prepared sauce.

ADD chicken, salsa and parsley to remaining sauce; stir until well blended. Spoon 1/3 cup of the sauce mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place 8 of the roll-ups, seam sides down, in each of two (11x8-inch) baking dishes; top evenly with reserved sauce and remaining cheese.

BAKE 25 min.

1 comment:

Bree said...

Heidi-
Will you post your sugar cookie recipe for me since I forgot to get it from you? Thanks much!