Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Creamy Salsa Chicken

If someone has already invented this, I just invented it again. This recipe was inspired by Pace and by Troy. Troy likes to mix salsa and cream cheese and dip his pizza in it. His friends called it "puke sauce" (so I guess this recipe could affectionately be called "Puke Sauce Chicken"). I combined that idea with the "Picante Skillet Chicken" recipe from Pace. It's a good summer recipe because it's super easy and made on the stove... I hope you guys try it and tell me what you think.

1 lb Chicken (I like tenders)
2 tbs oil
1 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa
1 Tbls sugar
4 oz cream cheese


Heat the oil in a skillet, add chicken and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in sauce and sugar. Cut up the cream cheese throw it on top. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese (now melted). Cover again and cook until chicken is done. Serve over rice.



1 comment:

Heidi said...

I made this tonight and it was yummy! However, I ended up with a lot of sauce, so maybe add more chicken or half the sauce & cheese?