Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baked Ziti

Two months ago when Curtis first got home from the hospital, my visiting teacher brought dinner over for us. I have never seen Curtis eat so much, or so fast, or ask for more so quickly. I have also never seen him covet a food before; when I offered some Ziti to his dad and brother, Curtis looked as if I was giving our home away to a stranger! So of course I promptly emailed her a thank you and asked for the recipe.

*Here is the recipe. And what I gave you was only half of what it makes. -Aislinn

Baked Ziti
From Aislinn Morrow
1 pound ziti pasta
1 white onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 jars spaghetti sauce (I use Prego meat flavored)
6 ounces Provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I use a little more than that)

Cook Ziti until AL dente, drain and set aside. Cook the ground beef with the onion and drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce and let simmer for at least 15 minutes. In a 9x13 pan, layer 1/2 the ziti, all of the provolone cheese, all the sour cream, 1/2 the sauce mixture, the remaining ziti, all the mozzarella, the remaining sauce, and top with parmesan cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No comments: